The UNESCO World Heritage-listed Port Arthur Historic Site, located 90 minutes’ drive from Hobart is Australia’s most intact and evocative convict site.
There is a lot to see and do with more than 30 historic buildings and ruins to explore over 100 acres so you’ll want to allow a minimum 3-4 hours. That said, your site entry ticket is valid for two consecutive days and includes an introductory guided tour, harbour cruise, access to the Port Arthur Gallery, house museums and the gardens.
Additional tours of the Isle of the Dead can be included with the harbour cruise, or hear of the many escape attempts with the Escape from Port Arthur Tour. Visitors can cover the highlights of the site with their own guide on the Commandant’s Carriage Tour.
From now until 31st December 2020, children are admitted free of charge and every person who purchases a ticket will receive a free Ticket of Leave which allows free re-entry to both Port Arthur and the Cascades Female Factory in South Hobart for two years.
We are now open daily from 10 am to 4 pm. Your safety is our priority and we are taking every precaution to ensure our site is COVID safe.
- Quality Tourism Accredited Business
A selection of accessibility information is provided on this page. Click the links below to view the full Travel For All Accessibility Statement and related photos and video for this property.
- Reception (in person)
- Website booking form
- Booking sites – e.g. Wotif
- Companion Card accepted
- Carer Card (no charge)
- Seniors Card (discount)
- Aged Pensioners (discount)
- Disability Support Pensioners (discount)
- Accompanying carer (no charge)
- Parking is free
- Accessible parking is available
- Guests can be dropped at the main entrance
- Accessible parking space is on a firm and level surface
- Accessible parking space is close to the main entrance
- Stair free and level entrance
- Dog toileting area is onsite or close to building
- Accessible bathroom is available to public
- Wheelchairs available for loan
- Strollers available for loan
- Ramp or lift access to all levels
- Restaurant on site
- Well-lit areas available
- Staff are trained to offer assistance to all guests
- Staff can assist in self service areas
- Staff member(s) know some Auslan
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Parents Room
- Pet Friendly - Enquire
- Enquiry Desk
- Public Telephone
- Public Toilet
- Coach Parking
- Food and Refreshments
- Picnic Area
- Half Day or Less
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.